Demonology – The study of demons.
Demonologist – Person who studies and interacts with demonic cases.
Demon – Demons are of non-human/inhuman origin,
that comes from the outside realm. Demons can also be fallen
angels, which have rebelled against god at their own free will.
Characteristics of Demons:
Usually have no eyes or red eyes in the sockets.
If a human is possessed by a demon then there eyes appear to be
swollen and black.
Some demons may be very hairy.
Some demons have a tail, but the demon will try to hide it.
Some demons may have horns on their head.
Demons are extremely strong. They can be 3 times stronger than
humans. Demons are able to move heavy objects with no struggle at all.
- Most demon names end in:
iel or el
ial or al
Characteristics of a Demonic Haunting:
- Usually a demonic haunting will occur during the demonic hour
between 3a.m. – 3:30a.m. to mock Christ and the Church's Holy Trinity (A demonic haunt can happen at all
- Things will occur in threes:
- 3 knocks may occur.
- 3 taps on a wall.
- 3 bangs on a wall.
- hauntings will occur between 3a.m. – 3:30a.m.
- Clocks may turn or spin counterclockwise.
- Things may start to move around in your house. NOTE This will
also occur in poltergeist activity as well, which is not demonic.
- Religious artifacts may be moved around, thrown off of the walls,
or turned upside down. (Especially when praying).
- Some religious artifacts that have been known to be toyed with
- Crucifixes will be turned upside down.
- Statues of Jesus.
- The Bible.
- Rosary beads.
- Religious photographs.
- You may hear banging or scratching sounds on the walls and the
- You could wake up with scratches or bruises on your body.
- You could wake up in the middle of the night and feel like your
- You may feel like your being raped. (This may deal with an
incubus and/or succubus demon. Incubus = Male, Succubus = Female).
- A demonic presence may give off certain odors/smells such as
sulfur and/or rotten eggs. (This smell would be very strong.).
Possible Possession of Demons or Causes of Demonic Haunting:
- Playing with a Ouija board: (You may open up a doorway and let
the demon in, or by letting the spirit enter into your body to move the board
peace you are allowing the demon to posses you.)
- Playing with the black arts or black magic.
- Channeling spirits: (By channeling spirits this allows the spirit
to use your body and your bodies functions to communicate with someone.) NOTE: Just because you are trying to let a specific spirit channel through you, that
doesn’t mean that other spirits or possible demons can enter into you.
- Psychics/Mediums: When some psychics/mediums do readings they
communicate with someone who has passes on. NOTE: Because a psychic/medium is
communicating with the other side, that doesn’t mean a demon can’t come
through. Demons can act as someone else and you wouldn’t even know it. Psychics cannot tell the difference between a demon and a spirit.
- EVP: (electronic voice phenomenon) When doing an EVP session you
may pick up a demonic spirit, and by asking questions to it you may open up a
doorway for the demon. NOTE: Be careful when doing EVPs, especially the
questions you ask. Example: Provoking a spirit. “I demand you to show
- Saying a demon's name out loud: By saying a demon name out loud you
are calling it, or calling it out. Example: If someone is in the other room
and you say their name what will the outcome be?
- People in desperate need of something: Selling your soul to a
demon/devil. Example: If your family is in financial trouble and you would do
anything to get them out of it, a demon might show up and make you an offer.
- People with no faith in a higher power can be possessed. Some
people think that just because they have no beliefs in a higher power that they
cannot be possessed by a demon. This is not true. You can be possessed.
- Demons will thrive on:
- Weak minded people
- Arguments and fighting
- Negative energy
- The seven deadly sins:
- Avarice (greed)
- Sloth (laziness at work)
- Possessions are extremely rare. If possession does occur the
Roman Catholic Church and Greek Orthodox Church can do an exorcism.
Dealing with Demonic Cases:
- Only have very strong minded and strong willed people on the case.
- Have a demonologist present for the case.
- If you can, have a priest or someone of religious significance
present during the case. NOTE: Religious significance means someone who has
been appointed by the church, temple, monastery, mosk etc.
- Only have team members that have a strong faith and/or religious
background present on the case.
- Make sure the entire team is aware of what they are getting
involved in. (Each team member should have a basic idea of demonology).
- Team members should be encouraged to wear religious symbols. An
example would be a cross around your neck.
- All team members should say a prayer before, during, and after the
case. The prayer of St. Michael is a prayer used in demonic cases. Prayers of
deliverance are also used.
- If you feel your team is not qualified to handle the case, or you
have any doubts then let someone who has dealt with demonic cases take over.
- During the case a demon may try to manipulate the team and cause
arguments among each other. REMEMBER: Demons feed off of negativity.
- Possessions are extremely rare cases, but demonic hauntings are
not as rare as people think. A demonic haunt does not mean that you are
possessed, it just means that a demon is harassing or tormenting you.
- Demons cannot be killed. Even if the demon is exorcised, that
just means that the demon has left the persons body.
Debunking Demonic Hauntings:
- Banging, scratching, knocking on a wall: Check to see if there
are any loose pipes in the basement of the home, or check the bushes/trees
outside of the home to see if it is rubbing along side of the house.
- Objects moving around the house: This may be poltergeist
activity, which is not a demonic haunting.
- Religious artifacts falling off the walls: Check to see how the
artifact was placed on the wall. How well was it hung up?
- Waking up with scratches or bruises on your body:
- Are you allergic to something to scratch yourself in your sleep
- Do you wear a necklace while you are sleeping. If you move around
while you are asleep, the necklace may scratch you
- Did you sleep on the remote control or other items. If you fall
asleep on the remote control you may wake up with a bruise on your body from it
- Do you sleep with a watch on. If you fall asleep on your arm, it
may cause a bruise.
- Waking up with feelings of being strangled or raped: You may have
encountered sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is when your mind wakes up before
your body can catch up, putting you in a paralysis like state. You can see, but
you cannot move or speak. If you were having a bad dream such as being
strangled, raped, abducted by aliens etc this dream will carry on until you come
out of the sleep paralysis. This can last up to 1 minute, but it feels a lot
- Odors/smells such as sulfur/rotten eggs: The strike of a match
can give off a sulfur smell. Look around the house for things that contain
sulfur. The rotten egg smell can be many things such as:
- Garbage decomposing
- Living organisms decomposing
- Some animals/insects can give off a strong rotten egg smell as a
defense mechanism, such as a skunk, palm meadow etc.
- Check to see if the person is under the influence of alcohol
- Check to see if the person is on any medications.
- There are many health/mental problems/disorders that can give the
impression of a demonic haunting but it is not. Some disorders are as follows:
- High EMF Fields
- Inhalation of household chemicals
- Sleep deprivation (lack of sleep)
- Sleep Paralysis
Also read out article Demonology 101.
There are many demonologists that we can turn to if we need their help.
Some of the demonologists we know are:
Adam Blai: Penn State University
Keith and Carl Johnson: Rhode Island
Phone Number: 401-732-4870
John Zaffis: Connecticut
Phone Number: 203-375-6083
email@example.com, or myspace.com/johnzaffis
long island new york ny paranormal ghost spirit investigation demonic evp haunting ghost
haunted investigators group paranormal
Return to Our Paranormal
This site is Copyright © Long Island Paranormal Investigators 2003-2016, All Rights Reserved