A Brief History: The Trinity Methodist Cemetery of Coram is located at 200 Old Middle Country Road, Coram New York. Coram had been originally settled around 1677, but was not big enough to be called a “Village of the Town” until 1749. There were many men from Coram who participated in both the Revolutionary War and the Civil War, as well as both World Wars. The Church was a very important part of the lives of Coram Settlers. A Baptist-meeting house was erected in 1747 by Rev. Noah Hammond of CT. It remained Baptist until about 1847 when the meetinghouse was torn down. Not much is known about the Baptist cemetery until 1858 when the Methodist Church was built on this site. The congregation as well as the materials to build the new church, came from Middle Island. Some prominent family names buried here are Smith, Hulse, Overton, Hammond and Davis.
Haunted History: There have been claims of seeing shadow people lurk on the grounds of the cemetery. People have also have claimed to hear whispers when no one else is around.