A Brief History: Wetherburn’s Tavern is located at 406 E Duke of Gloucester St. Williamsburg, Virginia. The structure was built in 1738 and later converted into a tavern in 1742. It sat across the street from the Raleigh Tavern so naturally this part of the town was known for merriment. Today the structure is a part of Colonial Williamsburg and is sometimes used for special events.

Haunted History: The history of the families associated with the structure have led to many unverifiable ghost stories. More isolated and better documented incidents include reports of entire dinner placements being knocked off tables inexplicably during events.



Return To Previous Page