A Brief History: Bassett Hall is located on the south side of Francis Street near the Capitol in Williamsburg Virginia. It is believed to be built sometime between 1753 and 1766 by Philip Johnson a member of the House of Burgesses. Around 1800, the house was bought by Burwell Bassett. In 1926, the house was bought by John D. Rockefeller Jr, and his wife Abby Aldrich Rockefeller. The house remained in the Rockefeller family until 1979 when it was then passed on to Colonial Williamsburg. Open to the public, guests can view the house just as it appeared in the 1930s and 40s.

Haunted History: Colonial Williamsburg alone is rich in paranormal activity, and has attracted many visitors for its ghost tours. Because of the Indian burial grounds, Revolutionary War, and the Civil War, Colonial Williamsburg is often buzzing with activity. With Bassett Hall though, people have claimed to hear voices and feel cold spots.