A Brief History: The Bourne Mansion is located at 500 Montauk Highway Oakdale New York. Originally owned by Frederick G. Bourne, the mansion was completed in 1899. Bourne died in 1920 and six years later the estate was converted into the Lasalle Military Academy and was owned by a catholic order known as the Christian Brothers. The academy lasted until 1993 when the order turned the academy into a kindergarten through high school. Today the mansion serves several purposes, part of it is used by St. John’s University, and as a wedding/catering hall.
Haunted History: Students have claimed to see a person walking down the hall and then disappear. People who have toured the mansion have claimed to have a uneasy feeling while they would walk down the hallways.