A Brief History: Located at the corner of Collins Avenue and Edwards Street in Sayville, New York, The Edwards Homestead was originally settled by John and Sarah Edwards after John returned from the French and Indian war in 1761. The homestead operated as a farm and coastal trading hub, with the first house being built by John on the property lasting till it burned down in 1913. Another house was erected by John’s son Matthew Edwards in 1785, and eventually moved to its current location by Matthew’s son James in 1838. The house is now a museum open to the public every first and third Sunday of the month, and serves as the home of the Sayville Historical Society, founded in 1944.
Haunted History: There are claims of feeling cold spots throughout the house on a hot summer day. People also have claimed to see an apparition of an Indian walking around the ground and then just disappear.