A Brief History: The George Wythe House is located in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. The house got its name from the owner, George Wythe. The George Wythe house was built in the mid 1750’s by George Wythe’s father in law. George Wythe was the first of seven Virginians to sign the Declaration of Independence. The George Wythe house was also used as George Washington’s Headquarters before the British Siege of Yorktown. Later on, the French General Rochambeu used this house as his headquarters after he won the battle of Yorktown. In 1776, Thomas Jefferson and his family used this establishment. Williamsburg bought the property and renovated it to look the same way it did when George Wythe and his family lived in it.
Haunted History: There have been many paranormal experiences that have been reported in this location. One of the claims include an apparition that has been seen coming out of a bed room closet in old fashion clothes with red shoes. The apparition has also been seen sitting at the dressing table brushing her hair. This apparition is rumored to be the ghost of Ann Skipwith. Her death remains a mystery to this day. There are different noises that are heard in the building including someone running up the stairs and furniture being moved. People also report cold spots in the home even on hot days.