A Brief History: The Globe hotel is located on the corner of Duke of York Street and Kings Square. The hotel was a two-story house built in 1699 by Governor Samuel Day. When his troubled term came to an end in 1701, he refused to give up the house to the new Governor Benjamin Bennett. In 1722, a new Government house was built and this property was given to the Tucker Family who lived there until the 1860s. During the American Civil War, Confederate Major Normal S. Walker used the top floor for his headquarters. After the Civil War the house was used as a hotel for many years and is now a museum owned by the Bermuda National Trust to show the role of confederacy in Bermuda.
Haunted History: People have claimed to hear voices and sounds of walking coming from the 3rdfloor when no one is up there. People have also claimed to hear the sound of a door closing when no one is around.