A Brief History: Located on Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg VA, The Magazine was constructed in 1715 by the Governor Spotswood. The building served as a munitions storage facility for dealing with natives, revolutionaries, riots, and pirate raids. After the revolution, and the relocation of the capital to Richmond, the building served a variety of purposes. After a fire in 1889, the building sat unused for nearly half a century. During The Williamsburg restoration project, in 1934 the building was restored and became a museum along with most of the town.

Haunted History: The most commonly noticed phenomena are inexplicable tapping and scratching within the walls. The yard between the magazine and the neighboring building was supposedly the site of a civil war field hospital and mass grave. Local stories suggest that the spirits of these soldiers are the ones haunting the building.