SHAWNEE PLAYHOUSE


A Brief History: The Shawnee Playhouse is located at 552 River Road, Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania. The playhouse was originally built as Worthington Hall in 1904 by local businessman Charles Campbell Worthington. After construction Worthington Hall served as a local playhouse and community center. The name was later changed to simply, The Shawnee Playhouse, and was eventually made a historic site. The original structure unfortunately caught fire due to arson and its ruins were demolished in 1986. With help from the local community the playhouse was rebuilt, and stills serves as a center for the performing arts today.


Haunted History: Guests have claimed to see a shadow person roaming the stage. The stage crew claimed to have felt uneasy when alone in the theater like they are being watched. Lights have also been known to turn on and off by itself.