ST. PETERS CHURCH


A Brief History: Located in the historic town of St. Georges in Bermuda. St. Peter’s Church was originally built in 1612 and is believed to be the oldest continually used Anglican Church in the Western Hemisphere. The original structure was destroyed by a storm and the current building was built on the site in 1713 with additional wings added in the 1800’s. The first Bermuda parliament convened in the church in 1620. There are also 2 graveyards on the grounds. One for whites and one for slaves and free blacks. Near the rear entrance of the church is a 500-year-old cedar tree. The church is still open to the public today both to visitors and worshippers.

Haunted History: The church and graveyards are included in a Haunted St. Georges walking tour. Visitors have reported feelings of heaviness and sadness.