A Brief History: The Thatched Cottage, located at 454 East Main Street in Centerport New York first opened its doors back in 1915. It was originally built as a restaurant and 26 years ago it was purchased by Ralph Colamussi. When he first purchased it, he ran it as both a restaurant and catering hall but the restaurant part was closed and they used the building for catering weddings, parties and other events. Recently after suffering damages and from Hurricane Irene and Super Storm Sandy The owners have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and is keeping the location open while his debt is reorganized.

Haunted History: There have been claims of seeing a lady in white roam around from room to room. There have also been claims of feeling unusual cols spots throughout the building.