Northport Rural Cemetery
A Brief History: The Northport Rural Cemetery is located on 23 Sandy Hollow Road Northport New York.. It was used in the 1800’s as a burial ground and was owned by The Bishops, a prominent Long Island family. In 1882, the family sold the land and the Northport Rural Cemetery Association was incorporated. The Cemetery currently owns 14 acres of land and has had over 6,200 burials since it was built.
Haunted History: There have been reports of having unusual cold spots come out of nowhere. People have claimed to have seen a white mist floating in the cemetery and then disappear.